These bookmarks are my original creation. They came about when I needed more bookmarks and decided to make a few for myself that had everything I wanted in a bookmark - thus my sari silk bookmarks were born. They are made with upcycled sari silk and chiffon fabric, stainless steel Lasor engraved charms and of coarse, gemstone beads.
The book lover's collection features fun, book lover themed charms.
This collection includes my limited edition newsprint silk. The print on the sari silk is in a newsprint design, adding an extra layer of meaning to each bookmark, sure to delight the book lover in your life.
reasons why these bookmarks rock:
1. you can keep your place on two separate pages for going back to re-read a section of your book.
2. The sari silk is gentle of the pages of your book
3. They can be used in reading books or journals
4. They are great for fidgety readers like me (no more clicking my pen when I read, driving my family nuts).
5. They haver gemstone beads and colorful silk :)
6. The charms come from a small independent business and the sari silk comes from remnants from sari factories, thus supporting other small businesses and cutting down on waste.
Several options are available:
A. "I like big books and I cannot lie" Light blue tones with amazonite and howlite.
B."I like big books and I cannot lie" Red with snowflake obsidian and garnet
C. "I read past my bedtime" Pink with rose quartz and howlite
D. "I read past my bedtime" Light purple with obsidian and iolite
E. " So many books, so little time" blue/purple tones with sodalite, howlite and amethyst
F. "So many books, so little time" Green with jade
H. "Book Nerd" Kelly Green with golden screen obsidian and green apatite
I. "Book Nerd" Maroon with golden screen obsidian and smoky quartz
Both the sari silk and the gemstone beads may vary in colour as they are natural materials and the sari silk is upcycled.